Big Boss Oil-Less Fryer is a famous name. Thousands of customers all around the world have been using it, and they pay compliments on it. Coming with a large-capacity bowl, it’s one of the largest fryers in the market recently. Besides, what makes this appliance stands out from the crowd is the power, fast cooking time, ease of use, and so on. Below you’ll find a complete Big Boss Oil Less Fryer Review. We used it, and now it’s time to share our experience with you!
What are Great Features of BIG BOSS 1300-Watt Oil-Less Fryer?
Triple Cooking Power
The Big Boss Fryer is a three-in-one appliance. That’s because it offers you three modes of cooking, including halogen, convection, and infrared heat.
- Halogen: uses lights to heat the food’s surface directly and make it It’s perfect for browning and roasting
- Convection: produces the circulation of hot air all around and directly onto the food. It’s perfect when you need to speed up the process of cooking.
- Infrared heat: penetrates deep into the food and cooks it from inside-out. It crisps the outside and keeps the moist inside, which is perfect to roast chickens, bake fishes, grill meats, steam vegetables, toast bread, etc.
Each one has its own advantage, and once they’re combined in a single device, they give you the best of three worlds. Note that there is no button to switch between modes; they’re simply integrated and work together from beginning to end.
Wide Temperature and Timer Range
The temperature ranges from zero all the ways to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, which is very high compared to other fryers on the market recently. Of course, you’re totally able to adjust the temperature via a dial on the top of the lid.
The timer is also controlled via a dial and ranges up to 60 minutes. Depending on what you’re going to cook, you’ll need to adjust both temperature and timer to reach the perfect result.
The Big Boss manufacturer is so smart since they include the extract temp and heat recommended to cook specific foods right on the top of the lid. So, you don’t even need to read the manual and remember the figures.
3x Faster Cooking
Short cooking time is what I really appreciate about this fryer. It’s claimed to cook food 3x faster than most competitors. And yes, if you set the temperature of 450 degrees F, you only need 15 minutes to cook through potato fries. This speed is just crazy!
Heart Healthy Cooking
Food cooked in this fryer doesn’t require plenty of oil to be great. For French fries, I only need to spray a fine mist of olive oil. Sometimes, I use no oil at all, but the food is always crispy and tasty.
The manufacturer also provides the extract numbers of calories that this fryer can reduce. For example, a portion of potato fries normally has 425 calories, but the Big Boss makes it down to only 130. This means nearly 200 calories are eliminated. Similarly, 140 calories of fried catfish disappear during deep-frying.
- Exterior Dimensions: 16 x 12.5 x 13.5 inches
- Interior Capacity: 16 Quarts
- Weight: 15 Pounds
In fact, 16-quart capacity is not so impressive, but it’s sufficient and even superfluous (in most cases) to deal with daily meals. That’s why it’s a great choice for family use. On the Thanksgiving Day, a medium-sized turkey seems to have no problem. In overall, Big Boss Fryer is a big unit as its name suggests.
What It Includes
- The plastic base allows you to move the fryer easily before and while cooking. The reason why it’s made of plastic instead of durable metal is that plastic transmits heat very poor.
- The bowl is made of high-quality glass to ensure that it’s never been broken at extremely high temperature. Besides, another advantage of glass is the transparent property, allowing you to monitor your food easily from the outside.
- There are two cooking racks (a low and a high one). They sit right in the bowl. You can cook multiple foods at once thanks to these racks. We all agree that this feature is very time-saving.
- The mesh basket goes on top of the high or low cooking rack. It’s useful for air frying and also works well with vegetables, fruits, and poultry.
- The extender ring is used for cooking large foods like a turkey. You can come up to a six-pound turkey in this unit. If you’re using it, put it right on top.
- On top of this, there is a glass lid which sits on the inner rim of the bowl or the inner rim of the extender ring (if you use it). The seal created is very closed to make sure no heat and steam can escape.
- The tong is what you’ll need to remove the racks when they’re hot.
- Finally, an instruction manual and a recipe book are included. While the instruction manual reveals the ideal cooking time and temperature for all the foods, the recipe book shows you how to cook poultry, seafood, stir-fries, desserts, etc. in the most deliciSet featured imageous way.
How to Use It
Big Boss Fryer is very easy to use. In general, you simply put your food in the unit, place the lid on top, set the timer and temperature, and that’s all. Never have to preheat! There’s a green light for heat and a red one for power.
For more particular, check a look at this video:
Pros and Cons
- It works faster than a conventional oven.
- It cooks a wide range of foods with less fat than a deep fryer.
- It uses halogen, convection and infrared heat technology to cook foods in three different ways: baking, frying, and broiling.
- It includes a couple of metal racks allowing you to cook 2 foods simultaneously.
- You don’t need to buy any extra accessory to use together with it.
- It doesn’t require any pre-heat time.
- It’s available in various color, including black, blue, white, silver, red, and purple.
- The glass becomes extremely hot after a while. It also has no protective handle, so make sure there’s nothing touching the fryer while it’s on, and there’s enough clear space around it.
- It’s heavy and takes up a lot of storage space.
- It emits lots of heat while cooking.
- It’s an expensive appliance.
In spite of some drawbacks, this fryer is worth its weight in gold. It cooks food evenly, quickly, and deliciously. It’s also durable, which can last for several years without having to replace any part. We also appreciate the free shipping and money return policy of the Big Boss manufacturer.
So, what do you think? Leave your comment in the box below! If you think the fryer is excellent, why don’t you bring it to your kitchen?